I mentioned the Hop the other day, and I am happy to share my curriculum for my kids. I love the order in the photo above. Our homeschool will not look like that, but it will be filled with some wonderful, classic stuff this year…stuff we can read on the couch!!
Today, I am posting the curriculum for Nick. Nick is in High School this year (9th/10th).
Here are my finalized plans for him:
- Math — ALEKS online. Semester 1, complete Algebra 1. Semester 2, Geometry
- Biology — Apologia Biology through The Potters School, online
- Additional Science — Nutrition 101 Text
- Ancient World History/Geography — A mixture of Mystery of History Text, Ultimate Geography, Homeschool in The Woods.
- Grammar/ Literature — Rod and Staff Text, Illuminations, World Literature and British Literature
- Bible — Grapevine Studies (New Testament) and Illuminations (Old Testament)
- French–Rosetta Stone, additional videos, texts
- Fine Arts–Artistic Pursuits, Music classes
- Electives — Computer Technology, Penmanship, Cooking, PE
- Reading List—To include: The Greek Way, Prometheus Bound, Oedipus Rex, Julius Caesar, The Canterbury Tales, Beowulf, Ivanhoe, Frankenstein, A Tale of Two Cities.
Join in the fun at the Not Back to School Blog Hop!