This Holiday Season, I am glad to support those who support others!
PS: I also have some of these storybook apps and they are precious. I actually blogged about them when they first came out~so cute. Curious? You can read my post here: Ruckus Storybook Apps. (But come click through these links here to support St. Judes).
The Official Word:
“Ruckus Media Group, the global children’s media company, announced today that it has partnered for the first time with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® for the annual Thanks and Giving campaign, a holiday program that asks shoppers to “Give thanks for the healthy kids in your life, and give to those who are not,” while shopping this holiday season.
Ruckus will donate to St. Jude 100% of the net proceeds ($1.39) of the company’s classic Read-Play-and-Record Along Rabbit Ears interactive storybooks from November 15 – December 31, 2011. Customers will be supporting the hospital’s lifesaving work of finding cures and saving children with deadly diseases with each app download of the following titles, all specially priced at $1.99 during the campaign:
- PECOS BILL, TOLD BY ROBIN WILLIAMS (Robin Williams is a long-time supporter of St. Jude)
- THE VELVETEEN RABBIT, TOLD BY MERYL STREEP
- NEW! THUMBELINA, TOLD BY KELLY MCGILLIS
- THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, TOLD BY MERYL STREEP
- JOHN HENRY, TOLD BY DENZEL WASHINGTON
- NEW! PAUL BUNYAN, TOLD BY JONATHAN WINTERS
- TOM THUMB, TOLD BY JOHN CLEESE
- GOLDILOCKS, TOLD BY MEG RYAN
- JOHNNY APPLESEED, TOLD BY GARRISON KEILLOR
- THE STEADFAST TIN SOLDER, TOLD BY JEREMY IRONS
- THE THREE LITTLE PIGS, TOLD BY HOLLY HUNTER
“By participating in our Thanks and Giving campaign, Ruckus Media Group joins an illustrious list of some of the most compassionate businesses and great brands in the country,” said Marlo Thomas, national outreach director for St. Jude. “The commitment of Ruckus Media and their customers to this campaign helps ensure that the children of St. Jude get the chance to enjoy many more holidays for years to come.”
To purchase Ruckus’ interactive storybooks for iOS mobile devices and help support this campaign during the holiday season, visit the Ruckus Media Group page at iTunes. To learn more about the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign or to make a donation visit www.stjude.org or call 1-800-4STJUDE.