If you are interested in learning more about Autism or looking for some support I totally recommend visiting Penny Ray at Not New To Autism. She has a wealth of information and great ideas! And, in honor of World Autism Day I’d like to share a special video from
Archives For health
I am so jealous of all the amazing items available lately for new mommies! I begged asked to do this review because someone special in our family is expecting and I got so excited watching the video about how this stylish scarf is a light airy nursing cover with full coverage. It is even hands-free!
I would love to have a little bitty one again. And getting the Pirose Scarf in the mail definitely made me worse. While they have numerous designs, I got the Jordyn (see left). The print was so feminine and the fabric so soft and delicate –if I had to use one word, I would say, airy–that I could easily imagine using this (and looking gorgeous) while nursing a little one.
” Designed for new mothers who refuse to sacrifice style for function, the revolutionary Pirose works as a multi-way nursing scarf and fashion accessory providing discreet coverage and a stylish touch.”
I love all their choices for prints and I was pleased with the design I received. I did get it with a new mommy in mind and I plan to send it to her to enjoy!
If you are a nursing mommy, or looking for a good baby gift, I TOTALLY recommend getting a Pirose scarf.
I have to admit, I love the fact that this fashion item is like a secret mom tool and you can go from Fashionista to modest nursing mama in just a second!
PS: Yes, I am a nursing proponent! No, family, I am not pregnant. Also, if you like to nurse without a cover, cool. I personally, liked my privacy when nursing and I wish I had had something like this instead of fussing with dumb blankets
You can visit the Pirose website to see many more colors and designs and click here to see how to wear Pirose while nursing. You can also visit them on Facebook to see how other women are enjoying theirs.
The Official word: Why modern mothers love Pirose
- Functions as a nursing cover, scarf, shawl, head band and stroller or purse accessory
- Lightweight and breathable for portability and comfort
- Use as a stroller or car seat cover when on the go
- Easily tucks into your purse or diaper bag
- 100% polyester material allows for easy washing and drying
- With more than 12 ways to wear, Pirose instantly becomes your go-to accessory
I hope my brother’s new baby likes this one–I’ll check back in a few months and let you know!
This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by Reno Rose for this review. I have given my honest opinion on this product.
I got the cutest celebrity sunglasses for my daughter recently, when we tried out the online store Sunglass Replicas. I do not often review products like this, but I thought it would be fun to think about summer as everyone was snowed in for the week.
As you can see from the photos, my daughter looks fantastic in these! These Dolce and Gabbana style replicas suit her shape face so wonderfully and are fun for a teenager.
There are tons of options on the Sunglass replica website and I could have spent a few hours looking through their inventory. They offer sunglasses for both men and women. Personally, I like the Aviator glasses for my shape face.
The glasses we got were pretty inexpensive at $16.95. They are attractive and seem pretty sturdy. The shipping was $2.95 which seems reasonable, and I got the glasses super quickly.
Guess what? I get to give away a pair of sunglasses!
For the mandatory entry, please tell me what type of sunglasses you would purchase. You can check out styles on Sunglass Replicas.
For additional entries you can:
- Like Sunglass Replicas on Facebook
- Follow Sunglass Replicas on Twitter
- Bookmark the site Sunglass Replicas
- Like Faith Family and Fun on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, 1x per day
- Join Faith Family and Fun through Google Friend Connect or RSS
- Blog publicly about this giveaway (3 entries)
I’ll choose a winner on 2/15. Giveaway is open to US only.
This is a MamaBuzz review. The product was provided by Sunglass Replicas for this review. I have given my honest opinion of this product.
Looking for a cool addition to the baby’s nursery? A way to help your whole family breathe a bit easier and healthier during the long days of winter?
Check this out–Purely Products has released a Healthy Night Light. This is an air purifier inside a night light…basically an LED light with a built in ionizer. The light has an energy efficient long life LED 35,000 hours and cleans the air even when the light is off–it is an automatic on-off light (so you don’t have to do a thing!) Also, the light is cool to the touch an important aspect to me with my young child.
So, how does it work? The built in ionizer releases negative ions that clean the air, removing dust mites, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, smoke and other airborne allergens. Each one is effective in a room up to 12’x12′.
- Built-in ionizer emits refreshing negative ions
- Cleans the air, controlling pet dander, pollen, dust mites, mold spores, smoke & other allergens
- Negative ions have been shown to increase levels of serotonin, delivering more oxygen to the brain
- Great for people with asthma, allergies & pet dander issues
My husband commented that he thinks we have been sleeping a bit easier since we got this in December…with our cat and dog and the fact that I cannot keep up with the dust around here, I figure using this healthy night light in our bedroom is a simple, beneficial little addition. I have it placed near my youngest daughter’s bed and my only complaint is that I didn’t get it in pink! I have a few other Purely Products and I find their items really fascinating–I especially like my handy-dandy germ killing pocket purifier.
The Healthy Night Light comes in cream, pink and blue and can be used anywhere you’d want some low-level light at night: nurseries, children’s bedrooms, seniors living spaces…
There is also a two year warranty. The Healthy Night Light single pack is $19.95, or purchase 2 for $29.95–you can even mix and match your colors.
AND…I get to give one away to a lucky winner!
I want to make this a quick turn around contest as I am late posting this already (I know, I’m usually so perfect. No laughing!) Seriously, I think this is an ingenious product and I would love to have one of my readers win it. So, lets make this simple.
To enter, go “like” Purely Products on Facebook. Come back here and tell me that you did for your entry. If you feel chatty, also tell me what color you’d get:)
I will draw a winner on 1/10/11 (my son’s birthday!!) Good luck.
“This is a MamaBuzz review. The product was provided by Purely Products for this review.”
Curious? You can see my Fit Mommy Challenge Post. Today, I need to list how I am doing on my goals in the challenge.
- My goal: To continue to eat only organic foods- Did This, no eating out this week
- To lose 10 Lbs for Christmas- Well, have not lost any yet.
- To drink wine at most 1-2 nights per week, a maximum of 2 glasses- Blew this, I know, it doesn’t matter its organic. My husband pointed that out….
- To not eat at all after 7:30 pm- Did eat several times after 7:30. I kept forgetting. Noticed I look for carbs- crackers, things like that after kids are settled and I’m tidying kitchen
- To not eat/taste batter/appetizers etc while Holiday cooking- Did not eat while cooking, except when I put out appetizers for company. I probably ate way too many calories there, talking and moving around
- To incorporate more veggies into my diet- Ate carrots for snack 2x, purposefully did not buy anything like pretzels. Added more veges to lunches
- To exercise at least 4x per week- Exercised officially 2x.
ok. So there you have it. Not a great re-start. But, I kept putting it off, then the week was almost gone. I was more aware and mentally noticing my weaknesses, rather than trying not to!
Now that I’ve faced my weaknesses…yuck….I have high hopes for this upcoming week.
Head over to Got Chai to how the other participants are doing!
Well, I jumped back into Fit Mommy Friday on Nov. 3rd, officially. You can see my Fit Mommy Challenge Post. Today, I need to list my goals for the challenge.
- To continue to eat only organic foods. I began this in April. From time to time, I have cheated–only very slightly though–this mainly happens when I eat out. Occasionally, I will also take a review item that I will try for the family, because it IS pretty healthy and I like to offer healthy giveaways. Overall, this goal is pretty much accomplished, but I want it to be a total way of life.
- To lose 10 Lbs for Christmas
- To drink wine at most 1-2 nights per week, a maximum of 2 glasses
- To not eat at all after 7:30 pm
- To not eat/taste batter/appetizers etc while Holiday cooking
- To incorporate more veggies into my diet
- To exercise at least 4x per week
ok. So there you have it. Wish me luck? Also, you are welcome to join in! Head over to Got Chai to join up!
I’m so excited…I found a Green Blog Hop!
This hop is going on over at Going Green With Noah…and it says it is for “For “Green” Blogs or “Green” Sites Only – Even if you’re just starting out!”
We’ve been organic since April…and although I have a long way to go in making green changes, so far, it has been wonderful!
So click on the button to join in the hopping!
While you are here, you can see a bit about our organic journey.
And, please sign up for my EcoMom giveaway!
Ok. So now I have gotten into my Fall routine. It’s mainly teach, shop, cook, try to stay healthy, have a bit of fun…repeat.
If you are like me…you are probably ready for a break—a bit of a regroup, as we head into the Winter and all the Holidays!
I totally recommend taking a bit of time for yourself, mama, and find some little changes you can make that will nurture your body and spirit as the days get colder. And, I have a treat from the perfect spot to buy eco-friendly baby products- Ecomom. (They have cool stuff for moms, too)
This Fall, I have struggled with our going organic thing—I am still very committed to it and determined to feed my family pure, healthy things. I am proud that my cooking and shopping has changed dramatically.
I am also excited that a my green lifestyle is actually becoming a habit and I am starting to internalize some of these ideas—to the point where I am taking better care of myself.
Lately, I do not have to run and get the computer and “the recipe” to make a little sugar scrub for the shower—I will squeeze a bit of lemon and mix in some olive oil and make a little paste with my organic sugar. It works so well and smells heavenly.
I use a deodorant that is a spray of mineral salts. My Happy Mama Spray is still not giving me a headache….and I am oh, so in love with my Terralina skincare stuff…so much so that I finally went ahead and tossed my Clinique!
My newest luxury is to have a cup of green tea while I let my Farmaesthetics Rosehips and Clay Mint mask set. Who knew going organic could be such a pleasure?
“Healthy living doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Small steps matter, and make a big difference.” Ecomom says they “ Make it Easy.” And they did!
I was so glad I got the mask…the simple blend of organic ingredients did clear and smooth my skin. Technically, this may be called “decongesting the skin” but whatever…it felt great! I also loved the charming bottle. Here is a bit about the mask:
100% natural Vitamin C infusion and extraction mask to purify and decongest the skin.
A potent blend of organically grown peppermint leaves and rosehips, working together with kaolin clay, to wick away oil and bring down inflammation. Especially good for minimizing pore size and spot-treating breakouts.
Peppermint also cools the skin, settling irritation; while organic rosehips, nature’s most potent source of vitamin C, infuses the skin with restorative benefits in it’s most accessible whole herb form.
Nature’s perfect mask to decongest, deeply cleanse the skin, cool and calm all skin types.
Anyway, I really recommend changing things up and taking a bit of time for yourself to try some new things. Try a bit of homemade sugar scrub…dump some of those overly scented products!
I want to share some of this organic fun I’m having with you. I was so pleased that Ecomom offered to do a giveaway towards a product on her site.
There are tons of wonderful products for eco-concious moms showcased on Ecomom, from beauty to toys to clothing and gifts—all eco-friendly, all safe for your family. I love just browsing around the site, the photos make me want to try all kinds of new things and the prices are excellent—many of the items can be found elsewhere—but for more money.
Ecomom has daily and weekly specials and free shipping over $50. They also have a neat thing, called EcoPass—this is an annual membership of $99. The EcoPass gives you free shipping, a 15% discount on every order and advance notice on special deals.
One reader will win a $15 Gift Certificate to Ecomom!
You can also use code SBBL665 to get 15% off your first order. (Good until Nov. 30th)
For the mandatory entry, visit Ecomom and tell me what you would buy.
For additional entries, you can:
- Follow Ecomom on twitter
- Like Ecomom on Facebook
- Sign up for the ecomom newletter
- Follow Faith, Family and Fun in Reader (+2)
- Follow Faith, Family and Fun in Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Twitter @ quinnschilling (+2)
- Tweet the giveaway — you can tweet once daily!
- Follow Faith, Family and Fun on Facebook (+2)
- Share the giveaway on Facebook (+2)
- Publicly Blog about this giveaway and give a link back (+5)
I will choose a winner on 11/9. Giveaway is for USA and Canada only. Please remember to leave a way for me to contact you in your comments!
I was provided with the mask from ecomom for the purpose of my review. I received no additional compensation and I have given my honest opnion.