Thanks for Stylish Blogger Award!
One of my favorite bloggers, April over at Heartfelt Homeschooling, brightened my day by sending me this award! April is a veteran homeschool mama who is always up to something good. This week, she’s redecorating…I needed the pick me up as I’ve been sick almost a weekL BUT, between sending me this and entertaining me with her decorating stories, April is making me feel better!
The rules for this award:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Hmmm, 7 things about me . . .
- I have only been sick once this Winter—that’s a new record! Now, I’m ready to feel better! Hurry up, please, body.
- I have 5 children, ages 5-23. To be super exact, I have actually given birth to 3. Yes, I’m a stepmom too. And yes, being stepmom has its own challenges and rewards. Now that all the children are growing up, I sometimes have a minute to realize how lucky I am!
- We eat only organic. It’s not as hard as it sounds. I buy organics from our local Farmer’s Market, Martin’s, Whole Foods and Costco—I know Costco seems wrong, but I can get a bunch of USDA organic items: grass fed beef, Salsa, Milk, peanut butter, strawberry jam…I’m hoping they will carry a cheese soon.
- In light of #3, I need to begin a garden—I do NOT have a good track record growing things. This year will be different!! I hope.
- My cat got fat this winter. ??? I don’t know why. I’m a bit worried about her. She cannot have babies and I am still feeding her the same. Weird.
- I think my son’s girlfriend is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Isn’t that funny? I just never expected to enjoy my children’s friends so much!
- I’m throwing a Mardi Gras party! I do love shrimp & grits and some cajun music…
Now for 15 blogs. This is hard! I’ll try to do some I don’t usually share…
Tea Time With Annie Kate – a homeschool mom with a classical bent and a love for simple goodness, Annie Kate is one smart cookie.
Family Team – I enjoy this one! H Mama always has a great photo or uplifting thoughtJ
Minivan Moments –Angie was a TOS Crew friend last year. She doesn’t post daily, but several times last year, I watched her blog and parent with a conviction beyond her years. I think she is wonderful!
Not So Superwoman’s Homeschool, Reviews and More –I enjoy reading all about Lori’s family and think her sense of humor is just about perfect!
Mission Possible – I love to read Merit’s advice and tips for students
Until The Day Dawn – A homeschool mom whose love for Christ comes through in all her writings!
Got Chai? This Mom makes super busy look beautiful as she supports her family and littlest ballerina!
The Sunny Patch –This mommy blogger homeschools a child about Em’s age, so I love to read what they are doing!
Living On Love and Cents – a young mom with a busy site!
Reduce Footprints – an enjoyable green blogger
Organic Deals – great coupons and updates on deals
Frugal Granola – Always useful information
Organic Authority – up to the minute health info…
Saving Naturally – more health info & deals
There are so many more! I’ll have to save some for the Versatile Blogger Award!!