Hmmm, here is the TOS Crew Blog Walk Week 7 already!
I have no exciting homeschool tips to go with this list of blogs…or even a finalized curriculum to show off. In fact, I am sitting at the computer, surrounded by catalogs.
Yes, I am one of those people who are still finalizing my plans for the upcoming school year. So bear with me and I will blog through and finalize our schedule…right now!
I feel really good about Sweet Honey. We will be doing Classical Conversations, Cycle 2 (CC), MathUSee, Mathletics, some All About Spelling… and some Mystery of History (I was not going to include that this year, but she asked for it!–that shows how much kids enjoy this curriculum). We will most likely add in some lapbooks and unit studies…maybe some review items for fun. I have a horse unit study from Amanda Bennett sitting waiting for her–I know she’ll enjoy that type of thing.
With her, I think I will go very slowly aside from the CC and see what her pace is. So far, she is a very eager student–she grasps ideas quickly and really enjoys the work–so teaching her is ridiculously easy. For her, I have no problem finding stuff to teach or do…the problem is giving her too much!
With Chef Kid, I plan to really focus on Math and Science this Semester. Last year, he covered quite a bit of History and Literature…lots of electives. We really did too many different things for my comfort. I want to scale back and focus.
He will continue doing ALEKS and take an online Apologia Biology with The Potter’s School. We will do some Mystery of History and Literature, and French. If we only do those, he will still be in good shape, following a General College Prep course of studies. And, I need to figure out how to help him pursue his dream of being a chef….
So, there I, We, have it!
And, this week’s Blog Walk actually has tons of smart, funny, veteran homeschoolers, so be sure to browse their sites and get some good tips!
1. Closing Time — this is a gorgeous blog
2. One Blessed Mamma— tons of curriculum reviews
3. El Cloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet— this blog belongs to my FM from last year on the Crew!!
4. Alive in Spirit— a friend from last year’s crew…
5. Ozark Rumblings–another friend from the crew–so glad you are feeling better!
6. Army of 5–how does she have time to blog? She is a vet and homeschool mom, and I love her horse photos
7. Fenced In Family–another smart and busy writer mama
8. Debbie’s Digest–a kind and funny lady who has lots of resources. I love the new look of her blog
9. Footprints in the Butter –Honest talk from a busy mom with some really smart kids
10. Got Chai?–one of my favorite people! Denise, a lovely ballerina, talks about fitness, her family and homeschooling-all the while keeping you laughing….
* FYI-–If you have any ideas for or questions about our curriculum, shoot me a comment. And if anyone has any curricula that would “go” with the Classical cycle 2, I’d be interested in hearing from you!