Today, I am posting the Kindergarten curriculum for my Sweet Honey. Basically, I will be trying to do a laid back, Charlotte Mason/Classical approach with her. As she is our youngest she has benefitted from having lots of curriculum around. She was doing Mystery of History when she was three…because she liked to listen when her brother was doing his!
For this year, I will mainly be putting things out there and seeing what works for her. Because she is an avid reader and seems pretty driven, we decided to go with the Classical Conversations.
- Classical Conversations (CC) We are doing Foundations Cycle 2, which will include: Presidents, Pre-Reformation through Modern, Ecology, Astronomy and Physical Science, Grammar, Latin, Impressionists, Composers, and Bible
- Math – Mathletics, Semester 1: work on understanding time and money. Semester 2: Math-U-See.
- Science – CC and doing Nutrition 101 Text with older brother
- Ancient World History/Geography – CC and Mystery of History Text w/brother, Homeschool in The Woods maps for fun…
- Reading – All About Spelling
- French–Rosetta Stone, additional videos, texts (we love Bonjour Les Amis!)
- Electives – Cooking, lapbooks and unit studies, Ballet or soccer
- Reading List— Lots and lots of Great books, many of which will line up with our classical studies!
- We are also lucky to be living near Washington, DC, so…I hope we will be taking tons of field trips.
Want to see what our Schoolroom looks like? Check next week’s Not Back-to-School hop!
Join in the fun at the Not Back to School Blog Hop!