Today is Day 8
One of my quiet and faithful TOS crew leaders, Brenda, over at Garden of Learning, is doing a Gratitude Challenge for the month of November. I am pleased to join in and should be posting something I am grateful for each day.
Today, I am grateful for my nomination in the Homeschool Post Blog Awards.
I really am. Last year, I got all excited about these awards. As a new blogger, I had visions over writing inspirational posts to save the world all the while teaching my children to perfection and making beef bourginnione. (which I actually have an awesome recipe for from Ina Garten, if you are interested)
Anyway, several months into blogging, I realized that I:
- am not Anne over at Holy Experience or Ree over at Pioneer Woman
- inspirational posts do not inexplicably come out of my fingertips. Bummer.
- homeschooling is hard, and
- some nights I totally don’t even do dinner (thank you God, for Nick, who loves to cook!)
So, while I am now a bit more realistic, it is sometimes hard to pull coherent thoughts together and have fun while doing things I have:
- promised to do
- thought might make a good blog post if I could get it done in that 5 minutes while the kids were busy working
- to do for a company because I got a review item
Anyway, I do try to share things I think will help families. Whether that is a family story, homeschool item or a healthy product or just a freebie or great coupon. Shoot–I’m the oldest in my family–I love to tell people things!
So, I love it that I was nominated for Best Homeschool Mom. It does mean alot to me and I thank those who did nominate me. I don’t even have a problem asking people to vote for me…because, well, why not? If you want to, go ahead. If not, no biggie. I’ll do my bit of quiet, hopefully useful blogging tomorrow or the next day either way.
And I will pray that I am considerate and thoughtful with my blogging–because it is supposed to be useful and fun!
Anyway, I am grateful for this!